At The Old Fire Station, we take food allergies and intolerances seriously and we are committed to providing safe and accurate allergen information to our customers. We follow the allergen labelling and information laws as set out by the Food Standards Agency.
We may use the following 14 allergens as ingredients in some of our products: celery, cereals containing gluten (such as wheat, barley and oats), crustaceans (such as prawns, crabs and lobsters), eggs, fish, lupin, milk, molluscs (such as mussels and oysters), mustard, peanuts, sesame, soybeans, sulphur dioxide and sulphites and tree nuts (such as almonds, hazelnuts, walnuts, Brazil nuts, cashews, pecans, pistachios and macadamia nuts).
We provide allergen information for all our products in the following ways:
- For non-prepacked products (such as breads, cakes and pastries sold loose), we display allergen information on signs near the products or on stickers attached to the products. Alternatively, we provide written or verbal information on request.
- For prepacked items we label the products with all ingredients and allergens in bold.
We also take the following steps to prevent cross-contamination of allergens in our bakery:
- We store allergenic ingredients separately from non-allergenic ingredients and use dedicated utensils and equipment for handling them.
- We clean all surfaces, equipment, and utensils thoroughly after each use and before switching to a different product.
- We train our staff on allergen awareness and best practices for handling allergens.
- We review our recipes and suppliers regularly and update our allergen information accordingly.
We ask our customers to inform us of any food allergies or intolerances they have before ordering or purchasing any of our products. We also advise them to check the labels or signs for allergen information or ask our staff for assistance.
We aim to provide clear and accurate allergen information to our customers at all times. However, we cannot guarantee that our products are completely free from any allergens due to the nature of our production environment. Customers with severe allergies or intolerances should exercise caution when consuming our products.